StoutDemBlog

Political And Other Miscellany From A Stout Democrat In Dallas Texas.
"Politics is the only game for adults." --from Robert A. Heinlein's Double Star

Saturday, May 14, 2005

PEDALLING TO OBLIVION:
The White House launched an investigation Thursday into the 47-minute delay in notifying President Bush about the intrusion of a single-engine aircraft into restricted airspace over the nation's capital that provoked emergency evacuations.

The violation of the no-fly zone Wednesday led more than 30,000 people to quickly leave the White House complex, the Capitol and the Supreme Court and triggered an eight-minute "red alert" at the White House.

At the time, Bush was riding a bicycle at a wildlife center in suburban Maryland and wasn't told of the alert until after he had completed his ride at 12:50 p.m., 47 minutes after the "red alert" was issued and 36 minutes after an all-clear.

Vice President Dick Cheney, first lady Laura Bush and visiting former first lady Nancy Reagan were among those evacuated from the White House complex during the alert.
You say coke I say caine
You say John I say Wayne
Hot dog I say cool it man
I don't wanna be the President of America
You say smile I say cheese
Cartier I say please
Income tax I say Jesus
I don't wanna be a candidate
For Vietnam or Watergate
Cos all I want to do is
Bicycle bicycle bicycle
I want to ride my bicycle bicycle bicycle

--Freddie Mercury, Bicycle Race, 1978
And this update was spotted at Kicking Ass, found by me via Magpie:
Well it turns out that there's no bikes allowed on the trails where Bush was riding.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home