Candidate Profile: Diana Lackey For Tax Assessor-Collector
With over 24 years of public and private property tax experience, Diana Lackey understands the taxpayers’ plight and county challenges. Diana will represent taxpayers; bringing trust, confidence, and quality service to the tax office. As Assistant Assessor, Diana has a proven track record; making a large department (of 240+ employees) in a large county (among the top five) one of the state’s best. She authored and/or implemented:
- Conflict of Interest Policies – creating a department beyond reproach;
- New computer systems – improving efficiency, quality, and responsiveness;
- Comprehensive Performance Management – creating quantitative measurement and improvement;
- Annual Reports – publicly available details of department operations and financials;
- Strategic Partnerships – state and local partnerships, increasing efficiency, lowering costs.